Tessin > Lake Maggiore
Share your opinion about this campsite with other campers.
Upload your holiday pictures easily and quickly to Camping.Info
Choose one of the following options to recommend this campsite to your friends:
Note: You can adjust your criteria on the search page anytime.
Back to search
All ratings by swiss-7
We visited this site in mid March 2011 for 3 nights with a caravan and two very small children.
In our opinion, this site rates 3 stars out of 5. Here's why:
1. For location, 5 stars. Although note that the camping area is separated from the beach by a hire wire fence, and a single access point. The views are stunning though.
2. For children, 2 stars (or even less). If you have kids, please be exceptionally careful not to have any pitches near the river side - there is a real risk of the children falling off the rocks into the river. There is no fence there! Obviously, we found a spot away from that area. The shower facilities are not at all suitable for children (the shower head cannot be removed to wash a toddler; at the time of the year we were there, the chilrden's facilities were closed. So maybe this is remedied in high season. But there are no stools for the childen to stand on to reach the sinks - something that costs CHF 10 from Ikea, and what we see at most German 5 star campsites at this time of year).
3. Pitch facilities have no water/grey water connections. Depending on where you are, this means walking 50m to the nearest point. That's ok, but not on a 5* site at this price point.
4. Ordering bread: of course we ordered our bread the evening before, and annoyingly, twice, they had 'sold' our bread the following morning to someone else. That's not on.
5. The Restaurant is little better than a canteen, with strange entrances to get in and out.
6. The children's play area is almost non-existent. Again, it's ok if it were 3*, but not at 5*. There is one slide, one swing, two 'horses'. that's it. I hate to imagine what that means in high season, must be terribly overcrowded.
In essence, some of these shortcomings were down to the fact that the site had just opened in mid March. At this time of year, it is a lovely site, but I have grave reservations for high seasons. The pitches look pretty tight for one thing.
The location makes up for most of it, and clearly that is what sells. 3 nights with caravan, car, 2 adults, 2 toddlers = CHF 160.
18 von 23 Campern fanden folgenden Kommentar hilfreich:
War der Kommentar hilfreich für Sie?
Report breach of guidelines
Date of last update
Report incorrect data
© Homepage www.campingdelta.com
All information provided without guarantee
All rights reserved
Legal notice and conditions of use